Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update

Hello Family and Friends,
I do appologize for the length of time between my last post and now, I suppose I could make the excuse that it has been a busy month, but I won't. Let's see, fall and winter are slowly transitioning from one to the next. The leaves have fallen and spurts of snow have come and gone. In fact, we are expecting snow this weekend! Mike is in and out of classes almost on a daily basis and I go to the ones that, frankly, sound interesting. We went on a camp tour last week and visited 4 different camps. It was a great opportunity to see what God is doing in camping ministry throughout Wisconsin. I would say that in a lot of ways it even rejuvenated our passion to serve God in ministry, wherever that my be. This weekend and next is the couples retreat here at camp. The LTD students are responsible for organizing the retreat. Mike is heading up the decorating area and is doing quite well! If you think of it, please pray for him as it will be a busy two weeks for him. I am trying to keep myself busy. I have not received any calls for substituting; however, I have been able to work in the kitchen here at camp at least once a week! I have been doing a little reading but I feel that I need a new hobby...if you have a suggestion, please let me know.

In the next few months there are many things we are looking forward to. We will be traveling to Crystal Lake to visit Mike's family for Thanksgiving! This will be Mike's first time off of work for more than 2 days in a row! We will also be traveling to South Carolina for Christmas to visit my family! I am very excited to see them and I am very excited to travel to the Carolina's! If you think of it, please pray for our safety as we travel to and from all destinations. One last thing that Mike and I are looking forward to is learning how to ski! We will be taking lessons in the early part of December and will eventually be teaching lessons. We are excited to master this sport and to use it as a tool to minister to others!

Thank you for all your prayer and support, we couldn't do this year without you!

No comments: