Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

What You Love

I have always enjoyed writing; more as something I do to get life out on paper rather than as a hobby or a "dream career". Yet, in the last year I have stopped writing. Why do we do what we don't want to do and we don't do what we want to do? I went to a writer's workshop a couple of weekends ago and I was reminded of why I love to write; it makes the world make sense... at least for a moment. So here I am, back to blogging, not really hoping that anyone will read this but rather as a commitment to do what I love. The following poem is a rough draft of something I wrote at my workshop. I will be honest, it's kind of intimidating posting "creative" writing... but it's a step towards doing something I love.

What if

What if all the angels
        throughout the world
were visible -to be seen clear as day
What if hundreds of thousands of angels
         walked the streets for all to see
Would we see babies rescued from burning homes
          cars detoured from head-on collisions
          men and women healed of cancer
What if all the angels
         throughout the world
         sat down with us and told us their stories
Would we hear of an army of angels protecting our kids
          from massive school shootings
          an angel whispering breath into a panicked mother
          or gently delivering peace to a stressed out father
Would we see streets filled with angels
          illuminating in unforeseen colors -orange, red, gold
Would we begin to relax in peace
          -solitude
Would streams of thankful tears fall upon us
          as we rest in the truth that we are protected
          taken care of
Would we see a sliver of Heaven fall upon us
          giving us strength to press on
          pushing our eyes Heaven bound
          anxious for home.





1 comment:

Jami Jann said...

Amazing! I got angel bumps as I was reading!

Keep writing!!

Love you and miss you!