Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Content

Today has been one of those days where everything has been beyond disappointing. I spent most of the day feeling sorry for myself; wishing I was Kate, the soon to be princess, with the world in her hands to do as she pleases. But, I am not a princess and today has been one of those "feel sorry for me" kind of days.

It was later in the afternoon that I felt God's nudge to open to Philippians. Isn't it quite magnificent how powerful God's words are and how they can transform our mind and outlook on life. The following passage is what God used to pull me out of my "woe is me" attitude. Perhaps it will encourage you as well.


"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13.

Wow, to be content in ALL things----something I choose to work at.

No comments: