Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Dear Gratitude...

Dear Gratitude,

You and I have had quite a few ups and downs over the course of the year. There have been many times where you and I have been in agreement and a lot of other times where we have been at odds. Yet even in my stubborn tantrums, unwilling to acknowledge you, you have always been steadfast. Do you remember the times where friends have moved on and yet I remain? You reminded me to give thanks because new friends were bound to come. What about when it was time to make a shift in my career? You reminded me that I was still well taken care of. Remember our trip to the Philippines? You smacked me over the head, "Hello Sheila, your life is beautiful!" Or what about the times where I was unsure what road to take? You were there to remind me that God was faithful in the past and he will direct my path in the future.

You were a constant whisper during some of the most difficult times. You've taught me that no matter what highs or lows come, life is endurable, even enjoyable, with you by my side. Peace flows from you; hope and love are your friends. Life is well lived in your company. You are as faithful as a sunrise or sunset. You bring color to my black and white. You bring life to the dead.

So on this Thanksgiving day, thank you, gratitude. Please always be near and may I never forget the power of your friendship in my life.

Sincerely,
S

No comments: