Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Stupid Conversations

Tonight one of my cheer girls took me out for a belated birthday celebration. Mmmmm, Cheesecake Factory. Delicious! We gorged ourselves on warm bread, lemonade, and fried chicken as we chatted about boys, school, and what life would be like when she "grew up". Oh the days when you had everything in front of you and not very much behind you.

Eventually cheesecake time came around and we decided to split the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. It's my absolute favorite, especially because it has the Oreo crust that is seriously to die for. After a few bites I mumbled, "ohhhh this cheesecake is so rich." She replied in her valley girl voice, "Yeah, you really can't get a cheesecake that isn't rich....I mean, like totally, cheesecake is just....rich!" I looked at her and paused for a moment and then busted out laughing. "Wow, deep. Real deep thoughts there," I said. We both couldn't help but giggle over our very shallow conversation about cheesecake.

You know, it's funny because the rest of the night we kept quoting our "deep thoughts" and laughing at how silly and yet, funny our conversation was about cheesecake. I can't help but think that we will probably laugh about that conversation quite a few more times this next year and perhaps many years from now. I also can't help but think back to the many other silly, shallow, stupid conversations I have had with good friends. I'm not sure why, maybe because it's when we are most real, but stupid conversations seem to bond people together and make for unforgettable friendships. Think about it. When was the last time you had a really good, stupid conversation? One may be due!...like totally.

No comments: