Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Laugh



They say to write about what you know and what I know is junior high life. I guess just like most mothers would say, every day is an adventure. Kids are random; predictable and not at the same time. Just yesterday I laughed about farts, and "hipster" lingo and at the fact that my student didn't know what to do when he found out that I actually have a first name. I never quite imagined myself being a junior high teacher, but then again, are any of us doing what we thought we would be doing?

I have been reading a book entitled One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. The entire premise of the book is to acknowledge gratitude; to be thankful, to recognize the blessings in life and to speak them out loud, not out of a boastful spirit but out of pure joy. Yesterday as I was reading, I kept coming back to the silliness of junior high. The silly comments, dancing, insecurities, and random life of junior high kids. I feel thankful. Junior high kids make me laugh. They push me into my love for silly things.

They help me to let go of my inhibitions and I enjoy life more fully.

In full LAUGHTER, I am thankful.

So here are my two questions for you this morning: what are you thankful for and when was the last time you really LAUGHED and loved life like a silly junior high kid?

No comments: